HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay
Damnation Owner/Coder
Damnation Owner/Coder

PostSubject: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:28 am

* * * NOTE: World Outbreak is a completely different server to be hosted and played on that is NOT conjoined with Revolution. Your characters will be separate and character files in both will NEVER be wiped/restarted. * * *

Hello boys and girls. I'm glad you've missed me as I've missed you all.

Today I'd like to discuss some things regarding our server that went down and the unveiling of the next, ultimate, final, explosive, delicious, creative, devastating main server, Damnation: World Outbreak.

---

First things first, I will clear up on the last server:

We all knew that the full concept of the remake would scare the RSPS public slightly but didn't anticipate they'd be so lost and quick to not see the dream that we had would make a good average of 90% just walk away with no real second thoughts cause it really was a difficult game to grasp. It hurt very much since we needed and deserved to have a fuller player base. So mix that with my personal life down, relocating, shortage of money, and some uncompatible updates & server problems causing it to have to go down.

*Now this parts important: It is going to happen that Damnation: Revolution comes back up first but updates on it will be slow as World Outbreak is anticipated by myself to be the main project to be setup and will be more enjoyable to reach out for players whereas Revolution will just stand as a great RuneScape remake for those who don't wish to have all the extra content, lore, and new game mechanics.

---

Now, lets get into Damnation: World Outbreak:

This new server will still take on the essentials of being a remake but will still hold some elements of the traditional RSPS feel barely even noticed thanks to the great lore, new content, and creative but deadly new world mechanics it will hold that'll shape the world.

Now, I now you're wondering... Whats outbreaking on the world? scratch And of course, I have an ironic answer for you: Damnation.

As the world time cycles, the forces of Damnation will grow in strength and invade the vast world starting out in the wild areas between towns. Don't worry, even the improved wildlife between towns will be on your side to hold back the forces of the undead and occult that will be rising. Even building up to the towns guards having to hold back forces of Damnation minions on their front doors to save the townsfolk, shopkeepers, and possibly even bankers.

In summary, there will be a % of Damnation's takeover on the world of Gilienor. If the monsters remain unslain, towns go under, world events go unhandled, or players engage in evil or unholy prayers then the % will increase. However, doing activites to prevent it such as killing the monsters, saving lives, investing money in cities, players engage in good acitivites or using holy prayers.
(Burying bones is good, scattering ashes is slightly evil)

As you can imagine, players also each will have their own karma score. It will affect some things in game like dialogue options and paths in quests and etc.

Players personal activities will have small effect on the takeover %, but their choices in events will have a lot more impression on it.

As the takeover % increases (speculation %'s, would be estimated 1-3 takeover rounds a month):
0-15% - Mild and increasing threats spawn outside inbetween towns, no real reaction.
16%-49% - Threats increase a lot more, events begin to happen in the wild.
50%-79% - Towns will become under siege, battles will happen, higher tiered events will take place.
80%+ - Good Players and Bad Players may PvP anywhere but in banks, churches, and minigame lobbys.
95%+ - The final boss will present themself in the Wilderness and must be slain to save the world. Players who aren't wishing to risk their life should consider evacuating the world.
100% - The world will begin to die if the final boss of Damnation has not been killed. ALL players who are not trying to finish the boss will be advised to evacuate to the one SAFE PLACE from Damnation or they will die and be transported there while the world resets.

What happens either way:
The world era will advance or reset depending if the world survives, towns and all NPCs will reset, player karma will reset, and the players will be be able to re-enter the world at 0% Damnation takeover.

However so you know the one safe place from Damnation is...

The new 'home' in the distant realm known as Purgatory:

---

ETA on Revolution reopening: 0-3 Months

ETA on World Outbreak opening: 6 Months+

---

All donations that you can do will help speed up these times and would be greatly appreciated.

Head to https://www.paypal.com and send them to jay@Damnation.us if you'd like to help out.

Last edited by Jay on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Damnation.us
Soulz
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Cant wait man make it asap ease
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death
In-game Moderator
In-game Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:36 pm

My god... I'm so excited right now... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death
In-game Moderator
In-game Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Wait so when Outbreak is released, will our current accounts be wiped?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Damnation Owner/Coder
Damnation Owner/Coder

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 pm

No. Its an entirely different server that will have its own client, highscores, etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Damnation.us
Cunny Funt

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Ohhhhhhsshhieeettt I love baby goats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soulz
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:00 am

Due to wanting revolution to be farther advanced and better than it is now damnation world outbreak will have to be postponed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)   

Back to top Go down

Introduction to World Outbreak & About Revolution (You will be glad for both)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1